Grace University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified students in compliance with the civil rights laws of Section 504 of the Rehabilitations Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disability Act. We offer a supportive environment in and out of the classroom and welcome students with disabilities into every area of life. In addition to academic accommodations, Grace University offers reasonable housing accommodations for students wishing to live on campus.
The accommodations selected will be based on the individual needs of the student who has a disability as well as Grace University’s ability to reasonably accommodate the disabilities. Examples of potential reasonable accommodations provided by Grace University include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Housing accommodations
- Classroom accessibility
- Copies of instructor’s notes
- Test taking accommodations
- Consent of service animals
Procedure for Requesting Accommodations with the Student Development Office at Grace University:
- An academic housing form must be filled out for each student seeking classroom accommodations. A housing accommodation form must be filled out for any student living on campus requiring housing accommodations.
- Contact the Student Development Office at SDO@graceU.edu to receive an academic accommodations form, a housing accommodations form, or both.
- Complete the appropriate application based on your needs .*Please note: If you plan to live on campus you also must complete the Housing Application required by the Student Development Office and the appropriate accommodations form(s)*
- Provide current documentation of your disability. *Please include all relevant and up-to- date documentation (preferably within the last three years). *
- No accommodations can be given until all documentation has been received and approved by the Student Development Office. Therefore, students are encouraged to submit documentation for review as soon as possible to ensure the process can be completed in a timely manner.
- Application and documentation materials can be emailed to SDO@graceU.edu, faxed to (402) 341-9587 attn. Student Development Office or mailed to:
Student Development Office,
Attn: Nick Oegema
1311 S. 9th St.
Omaha, NE 68108
- After your application has been submitted, you will be contacted by the Student Development Office to schedule an interview via phone, email or in person to determine possible accommodations.
- Communicate with the Student Development Office if there are any questions or challenges with the registration process.
- Students who do not complete the registration process with the Student Development Office will not be eligible for accommodations.
If you have any difficulties or questions, please contact the Student Development Office.
Student Development Office Manager Grace University
1311 S. 9th St. Omaha, NE 68114
Dean of Student Services
The Student Development Office is located on the first floor of Administration Building.