Staff Employment Opportunities
Vice President of Advancement
Job Type: full-time, 12-month
Location: Omaha, Nebraska – 1311 S. 9th St., Omaha, NE 68108
Founded in 1943, Grace University is a growing campus in a historic neighborhood nestled between Omaha’s top tourist attractions. Based on a solid Christian foundation, Grace University has a diverse student body of more than 500 students in undergraduate, graduate and adult-degree completion programs. Students receive a strong biblical education while receiving a top-quality professional education as well. The University has a strong and committed donor base and is located in a community with a strong philanthropic reputation.
The mission of Grace University is to develop servant leaders for the home, the church, and the world through excellence in biblically-integrated education and through life change in a personal, discipling environment, all for the glory of God.
A successful candidate will be able to work as part of a team to lead the Development Department in a spirit of collaboration with the president, executive team, Board of Trustees, and Foundation Board. Keys to success include being able to execute an annual fund campaign, provide leadership in planned giving, collaborate with the president on developing new funding initiatives, and developing the University’s next capital campaign.
- Design and implement short- and long-term fundraising strategies, special events and programs in support of the University’s mission, vision and values, and strategic goals and objectives.
- Establish and strengthen effective working relationships with University donors/potential donors and other University constituents. Develop and implement effective donor/potential donor communication systems and processes. Coordinate community and alumni relations, and developing outreach activities with constituent groups locally and in other states.
- Meet with donors and potential donors to ask for specific financial support for the University.
- Identify and seek out new sources of financial support for the University. Work collaboratively with University faculty and staff to enhance fundraising efforts. Develop and implement communication plans to keep University faculty and staff apprised of fundraising programs and efforts. Manage staff related to grant writing, alumni and community relations and donor records.
- Develop marketing strategies and materials for fundraising programs in keeping with the University’s development strategy.
- A successful candidate will have a strong Christian character and the ability to contribute to the mission of Grace University, as well as have fund-raising experience, effective oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative, and diverse campus environment. The successful candidate also must provide positive leadership in all aspects of an advancement program and must possess strong interpersonal skills to interact professionally with all internal and external constituents to produce identified results.
- The position requires experience managing large projects and the ability to effectively represent the University, its mission, vision, and values to alumni, donors and potential donors. The incumbent must be able to prioritize and manage multiple priorities and meet multiple deadlines. An applicant should have a minimum of five years increasingly more responsible fundraising experience that has included experience with annual giving, planned giving, and capital campaigns. Experience developing systems and processes to support development activities and experience making asks of high-level donors are a must. Management experience is required.
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Unquestioned integrity and in agreement with Grace University’s doctrinal position and mission.*
Appointment date is targeted for September 2013.
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at www.GraceU.edu. Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of Grace University.
A complete application includes:
- A letter of interest and how you are prepared to support the mission of Grace University, including your vision for contributing to the growth and development of the University.
- A resume and an on-line application that outlines professional and educational experience.
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Candidates who submit names of references should expect that references will be contacted, in confidence, by the University and that credentials will be confirmed prior to hire.
Tour Our Campus
See a virtual map of our campus, with information on student housing, recreational facilities, and key resources.
Review the different ways students spend their time on and off campus while attending Grace University.
Interested in Athletics?
Do you want to play college sports? Learn about our sports teams or follow the teams here!