Academic Links

Apply Online Give to Grace Pay Student Fees Upcoming Events

Want to comment on our site?

You can send us your feedback online

Education FAQs


Traditional Undergraduate FAQs


When and how do I declare an endorsement?

When you apply to Grace University you have the opportunity to declare your major and endorsement. If you wish to add  or change endorsements after arriving at Grace, you can meet with your advisor to edit your program. 

What are the requirements for program admission?

Official admittance into the Teacher Education Program occurs after the following requirements are met: 

  • Complete and pass all requirements of ED 200 Orientation and Field Experience
  • Pass all three sections of the PPST
  • Earn an overall GPA of 2.75 or higher 
  • Earn a grade of "C" or better in Math and English courses
  • Complete a Felony and Misdemeanor Form
  • Complete the OneSource Background Check

When and where should I submit my TE application?

Application for offical acceptance into the Teacher Education program are submitted as part of the ED 200 Orientation and Field Experience course. The application is submitted to the Teacher Education Project Coordinator. 

What is Praxis I and who must take the tests?

Every student enrolled in a Teacher Education program must take and pass the Praxis I.  The Praxis I ® Pre-Professional Skills Tests (PPST ®) measure basic skills in reading, writing and mathematics. The PPST is required by the Nebraska Department of Education for admittance into Teacher Preparation Programs in the state as as part of certification procedures.  

What score do I have to get on the Praxis I tests to meet the state testing requirement?

  • Praxis I: Mathematics: 171
  • Praxis I: Writing: 172
  • Praxis I: Reading: 170

How do I register for the Praxis and when are the tests given?

Registration is completed online at

Available dates for testing can be found at  Praxis™ Test Centers and Dates

Do I need to participate in field experiences?

Field experiences, called "Practicums" are required throughout the Teacher Education program.

Do I need to participate in student teaching?

Student Teaching is the capstone clinical experience or internship that includes 16 weeks of full-time classroom teaching supervised by a certified Cooperating Teaching. 

Do I need to take an exit exam to meet state testing requirements?

There is an exit exam you must take to meet state testing requirements.  The Praxis II is taken in your endorsement area prior to the student teaching semester. 

Where can I get more information?

For more information please email with the heading “Undergraduate Information Request_First.Last” 

Education Quick Links

Academic Programs

More Resources

Information Technology

Review our IT resources available for students, faculty, and staff - including free Internet, E-mail accounts, and personal access to class schedules and grade reports.

Career Services

Review Career listings that will help students jump start their careers, including - Jobs, Ministry opportunities, Pastoral Internships, and more.

Interested in Athletics?

Do you want to play college sports? Learn about our sports teams or follow the teams here!

1311 S 9th Street, Omaha NE 68108 | 800.383.1422 | 402.449.2800 Copyright © 2012 Grace University, All rights reserved.