Staff Employment Opportunities
Vice President of Administration/CFO
Job Type: full time, 12 month
Location: Omaha, Nebraska – 1311 S. 9th St., Omaha, NE 68108
Founded in 1943, Grace University is a growing campus in a historic neighborhood nestled between Omaha’s top tourist attractions. Based on a solid Christian foundation, Grace University has a diverse student body of more than 500 students in undergraduate, graduate and adult-degree completion programs. Students receive a strong biblical education while receiving a top-quality professional education as well. The University has a strong and committed donor base and is located in a community with a strong philanthropic reputation.
The mission of Grace University is to develop servant leaders for the home, the church, and the world through excellence in biblically-integrated education and through life change in a personal, discipling environment, all for the glory of God.
A successful candidate will be able to work as part of a team to oversee the administrative and financial success of the University while working in a spirit of collaboration with the president, executive team, Board of Trustees, and Foundation Board. Keys to success include a strong management and financial background.
- Serve as key member of Executive Team. Perform financial modeling to aid the Executive Team in setting strategic direction, establishing priorities, evaluating current/future programs, etc.
- Responsible for the financial and accounting processes of the University including accounts receivable and accounts payable. Prepare financial statements for the University.
- Lead the budgeting process for the University and manage the University budget. Review the budgeting process annually to identify opportunities to streamline the process and make it more effective and efficient. Monitor the University budget and provide regular budget updates to Executive Team.
- Oversee the operations of the Business Office, Human Resources, and Risk Management functions to ensure alignment with the University’s strategic direction. Evaluate areas of responsibility for efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Serve as information conduit between areas of responsibility and Executive Team to be sure strategic direction is communicated and understood and that feedback from the “front lines” is heard by members of the Executive Team.
- A master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A minimum of five years administrative management experience that includes preparing financial statements, conducting financial modeling, doing financial analysis and budget planning, preparing and managing budgets are required. Strategic planning experience also is required. Previous higher education experience preferred.
- A successful candidate will have effective oral, written, and presentation skills. One will have good communication skills and be able to build strong working relationships with internal and external constituents. Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required. The candidate will have a high comfort level with automated systems and have the ability and willingness to learn new technology and look for ways to automate processes.
- A successful candidate also will have demonstrated leadership and management skills, as well as the ability to represent Grace University in an appropriate and professional manner when interacting with internal and external constituents.
- Unquestioned integrity and in agreement with Grace University’s doctrinal position and mission.*
Appointment date is as soon as possible.
Application Instructions: Please apply online at www.GraceU.edu. Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of Grace University.
A complete application includes:
- A letter of interest and how you are prepared to support the mission of Grace University, including your vision for contributing to the growth and development of the University.
- A resume and an on-line application that outlines professional and educational experience.
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Candidates who submit names of references should expect that references will be contacted, in confidence, by the University and that credentials will be confirmed prior to hire.
Tour Our Campus
See a virtual map of our campus, with information on student housing, recreational facilities, and key resources.
Review the different ways students spend their time on and off campus while attending Grace University.
Interested in Athletics?
Do you want to play college sports? Learn about our sports teams or follow the teams here!