Faculty Employment Opportunities
Director of EXCEL Adult Degree Completion Program
Grace University is seeking an energetic, qualified individual to lead and expand our Adult Degree Completion Program beginning with the Fall 2013 academic year.
Duties and Responsibilities of the EXCEL Adult Degree Completion Program Director:
- To lead and direct the EXCEL Adult Degree Completion Program.
- To be a strong advocate for EXCEL and accelerated education within the University.
- To lead in the conversion of EXCEL courses into an online format.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop faculty and class schedules.
- Continuously evaluate and upgrade the EXCEL courses.
- Develop and implement policies and activities relating to student recruitment, marketing, advising, orientation, retention, financial aid, and other services.
Recruitment and Admissions:
- Work with Enrollment Management Committee, Director of Marketing, and the Admissions Team in order to develop marketing and tracking strategies.
- Work with the EXCEL Admissions Counselor to oversee student recruitment and admission issues.
- Work with the EXCEL Student Advisor regarding student, academic, and degree completion issues.
- Recruit and secure qualified and competent new faculty.
- Conduct faculty orientation for new faculty.
- Conduct an annual evaluation of faculty performance.
- Plan and host annual faculty conference.
- Serve as the final arbiter for faculty-student related issues.
- Direct assessment, development, and the improvement of the curriculum.
- Review materials for updating.
- Interface with respective Undergraduate program directors to ensure quality and consistency of EXCEL course content with University standards.
- Plan budgets in cooperation with Academic Dean.
- Prioritize expenditures and maintain adherence to budget.
- Annually teach a course in the EXCEL program.
- A Master's degree in Adult Education (or related field) with a willingness to work on a doctorate.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Adult Education.
- The ability to lead collaboratively with vision and practical perspective.
- The ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- The ability to establish effective working relationships with faculty, administrators, college staff, and the general community.
- Administrative and instructional experience in a Christian College setting
- Experience with On-Line education
- Unquestioned integrity
- Agreement with Grace University’s doctrinal position and mission.
- Thorough understanding of Higher Education
- Thorough understanding of Adult Education Programs
- Strong believer in the benefits of accelerated/adult education
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Work well under pressure
The Director will answer to Academic Dean.
Please send applications to:
1311 South 9th Street
Omaha, NE 68108
Grace University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic/national origin, disability, race, gender or veteran status in its education programs, admissions or employment policies. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Tour Our Campus
See a virtual map of our campus, with information on student housing, recreational facilities, and key resources.
Review the different ways students spend their time on and off campus while attending Grace University.
Interested in Athletics?
Do you want to play college sports? Learn about our sports teams or follow the teams here!